Ampio Pharma (AMPE) Announces Additional Publication of Ampion Modes of Action
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMPE) announced publication in the peer-reviewed journal Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports that further describes the modes of action (MOA) of Ampion in the treatment of Osteoarthritis. The publication is titled:
"The low molecular weight fraction of human serum albumin upregulates COX2, prostaglandin E2, and prostaglandin D2 under inflammatory conditions in osteoarthritic knee synovial fibroblasts." Elizabeth D. Frederick, Ph.D.; Melissa A. Hausburg, Ph.D.; Gregory W. Thomas, BS; Leonard Rael, MS; Edward Brody, MD; David Bar-Or, MD and can be retrieved at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrep.2016.08.015
Dr. David Bar-Or, Ampio's Chief Science Officer, noted, "This manuscript reports that in the presence of either IL-1β or TNFα, LMWF-5A (Ampion™) increased the expression of both COX2 mRNA and protein, and this increase was significant compared to that observed with IL-1β- or TNFα-stimulated, saline-treated cells. LMWF-5A appears to trigger increased anti-inflammatory PG signaling, and this may be a primary component of its therapeutic mode of action in the treatment of OAK." In simple words, these findings indicate that the mechanism of action of Ampion™ is through the production of beneficial prostaglandins by synoviocytes for both the resolution of inflammation and tissue regeneration.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!