Ampio Pharma (AMPE) Announces Additional Publication of Ampion Modes of Action
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMPE) announced publication in the peer-reviewed journal Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports that further describes the modes of action (MOA) of Ampion in the treatment of Osteoarthritis. The publication is titled:
"The low molecular weight fraction of human serum albumin upregulates COX2, prostaglandin E2, and prostaglandin D2 under inflammatory conditions in osteoarthritic knee synovial fibroblasts." Elizabeth D. Frederick, Ph.D.; Melissa A. Hausburg, Ph.D.; Gregory W. Thomas, BS; Leonard Rael, MS; Edward Brody, MD; David Bar-Or, MD and can be retrieved at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrep.2016.08.015
Dr. David Bar-Or, Ampio's Chief Science Officer, noted, "This manuscript reports that in the presence of either IL-1β or TNFα, LMWF-5A (Ampion™) increased the expression of both COX2 mRNA and protein, and this increase was significant compared to that observed with IL-1β- or TNFα-stimulated, saline-treated cells. LMWF-5A appears to trigger increased anti-inflammatory PG signaling, and this may be a primary component of its therapeutic mode of action in the treatment of OAK." In simple words, these findings indicate that the mechanism of action of Ampion™ is through the production of beneficial prostaglandins by synoviocytes for both the resolution of inflammation and tissue regeneration.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adams Resources (AE) Appoints New CFO
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Announces Positive Prelim. Data from ATB200/AT2221 Phase 1/2 as Paradigm Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!