Ampio Pharma (AMPE) Announces Additional Publication of Ampion Modes of Action
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMPE) announced publication in the peer-reviewed journal Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports that further describes the modes of action (MOA) of Ampion in the treatment of Osteoarthritis. The publication is titled:
"The low molecular weight fraction of human serum albumin upregulates COX2, prostaglandin E2, and prostaglandin D2 under inflammatory conditions in osteoarthritic knee synovial fibroblasts." Elizabeth D. Frederick, Ph.D.; Melissa A. Hausburg, Ph.D.; Gregory W. Thomas, BS; Leonard Rael, MS; Edward Brody, MD; David Bar-Or, MD and can be retrieved at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrep.2016.08.015
Dr. David Bar-Or, Ampio's Chief Science Officer, noted, "This manuscript reports that in the presence of either IL-1β or TNFα, LMWF-5A (Ampion™) increased the expression of both COX2 mRNA and protein, and this increase was significant compared to that observed with IL-1β- or TNFα-stimulated, saline-treated cells. LMWF-5A appears to trigger increased anti-inflammatory PG signaling, and this may be a primary component of its therapeutic mode of action in the treatment of OAK." In simple words, these findings indicate that the mechanism of action of Ampion™ is through the production of beneficial prostaglandins by synoviocytes for both the resolution of inflammation and tissue regeneration.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Allstate (ALL), Mastercard (MA) Team on New Payment System
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!