Amira Nature Foods (ANFI) Says Court Grants Motion to Dismiss Class Action Suit
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Amira Nature Foods Ltd (NYSE: ANFI) announced that the court granted the Company’s motion to dismiss class action lawsuit.
In February 2015, two proposed shareholder class action lawsuits were filed against Amira Nature Foods Ltd in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. The complaints, which were subsequently consolidated, (the “Class Action”) named as defendants the Company and certain of its current and former officers and directors. The Class Action purported to state claims for violation of Section 11 and Section 15 of the Securities Act and Section 10(b) and Section 20(a) of the Exchange Act.
The Company contested the allegations in the Class Action and on October 22, 2015, filed a Motion to Dismiss the Class Action, as amended.
On July 18, 2016 the Court granted the Company’s Motion to Dismiss the Class Action in its entirety and provided Plaintiffs with a deadline of August 4, 2016, to re-file an amended complaint which Plaintiffs failed to do.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Quantenna Communications (QTNA) IPO Opens at $16.80/Share
- Morgan Stanley COO Jim Rosenthal to retire at end of year: memo
- Sientra (SIEN) Enters Prelim. Settlement of All Outstanding Class Action Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesEarnings, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!