Amgen (AMGN) Makes Investment in Israel-Based eHealth Ventures
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Amgen (Europe) GmbH, an affiliate of Amgen Inc. (Nasdaq: AMGN), announced an investment in eHealth Ventures, an Israel-based digital health incubator. The investment reflects Amgen's commitment to serving patients by driving innovation and sustainable healthcare through technology discovery, and recognizes the importance of Israel as a source of innovation in eHealth and digital technologies. Additional investors include Israeli HMO Maccabi Healthcare Services and Amgen's Israeli distributor Medison Pharma Ltd. Amgen will be the lead biopharmaceutical investor.
"Engaging in multi-stakeholder partnerships will drive innovation and enable us to deliver additional value to patients and the healthcare community, beyond our life-saving medicines," said Corinne Le Goff, senior vice president, Amgen Europe. "This collaboration with eHealth Ventures is a natural fit for Amgen and will help us expand our digital health pipeline and support the growth of valuable health technology to improve the lives of patients across the world."
"We are proud to have Amgen, a global market leader, join the eHealth Ventures unique consortium together with Maccabi Healthcare Services, Cleveland Clinic and Medison Pharma. This addition will provide a new strategic element to our screening process and build significant value to our portfolio companies. Having Amgen on board will deliver invaluable assets and know-how in many of the digital health innovation aspects, including market input, commercialization of R&D, business modeling, go-to-market strategies and more," said Talor Sax, eHealth Ventures Incubator chief executive officer. "We are grateful to our partner Medison Pharma, for realizing this vision and making this partnership a reality."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
- PG&E Submits $250M Proposal in Support of Electric Vehicles in California (PCG)
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Offers Update on Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 for Advanced Parkinson's Disease
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!