Amgen (AMGN) Makes Investment in Israel-Based eHealth Ventures
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Amgen (Europe) GmbH, an affiliate of Amgen Inc. (Nasdaq: AMGN), announced an investment in eHealth Ventures, an Israel-based digital health incubator. The investment reflects Amgen's commitment to serving patients by driving innovation and sustainable healthcare through technology discovery, and recognizes the importance of Israel as a source of innovation in eHealth and digital technologies. Additional investors include Israeli HMO Maccabi Healthcare Services and Amgen's Israeli distributor Medison Pharma Ltd. Amgen will be the lead biopharmaceutical investor.
"Engaging in multi-stakeholder partnerships will drive innovation and enable us to deliver additional value to patients and the healthcare community, beyond our life-saving medicines," said Corinne Le Goff, senior vice president, Amgen Europe. "This collaboration with eHealth Ventures is a natural fit for Amgen and will help us expand our digital health pipeline and support the growth of valuable health technology to improve the lives of patients across the world."
"We are proud to have Amgen, a global market leader, join the eHealth Ventures unique consortium together with Maccabi Healthcare Services, Cleveland Clinic and Medison Pharma. This addition will provide a new strategic element to our screening process and build significant value to our portfolio companies. Having Amgen on board will deliver invaluable assets and know-how in many of the digital health innovation aspects, including market input, commercialization of R&D, business modeling, go-to-market strategies and more," said Talor Sax, eHealth Ventures Incubator chief executive officer. "We are grateful to our partner Medison Pharma, for realizing this vision and making this partnership a reality."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!