Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Amgen (Nasdaq: AMGN) announced that a Phase 3 study evaluating XGEVA® (denosumab) versus zoledronic acid met the primary endpoint of non-inferiority (hazard ratio = 0.98, 95 percent CI, 0.85 - 1.14) in delaying the time to first on-study skeletal-related event (SRE) in patients with multiple myeloma. The secondary endpoints of superiority in delaying time to first SRE and delaying time to first-and-subsequent SRE were not met. The hazard ratio of XGEVA versus zoledronic acid for overall survival was 0.90 (95 percent CI, 0.70 - 1.16).
Adverse events observed in patients treated with XGEVA were generally consistent with the known safety profile of XGEVA. The most common adverse events (greater than 25 percent) in the XGEVA arm of the study were diarrhea and nausea.
"Bone complications like fracture, spinal cord compression and radiation or surgery to bone are devastating for multiple myeloma patients. Many of these patients suffer from renal impairment, which has limited their treatment options," said Sean E. Harper, M.D., executive vice president of Research and Development at Amgen. "XGEVA's unique mechanism of action has the potential to prevent bone complications in multiple myeloma patients regardless of their renal status, fulfilling an important unmet medical need."
Detailed results will be submitted to a future medical conference and for publication. The Company plans to submit these data to regulatory authorities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AbbVie (ABBV) Announces FDA Approval for IMBRUVICA to Treat Specifically Indicated for R/R MZL
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) Names Jennifer Whip to Board of Directors
- Synovus Financial (SNV) Appoints F. Dixon Brooke Jr. to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!