Ametek (AME) Complets Acquisition of Laserage Technology Corporation
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
AMETEK, Inc. (NYSE: AME) announced that it has completed the acquisition of Laserage Technology Corporation, a leading provider of laser fabrication services for the medical device market. Laserage is a privately held company with headquarters and manufacturing operations in Waukegan, IL, and a manufacturing facility in Milipitas, CA. Laserage has estimated annual sales of $22 million.
"Laserage is an excellent addition to our growing presence in the medical industry. Its fabrication and manufacturing capabilities are an excellent fit with our engineered medical components business providing strong market and technology synergies," comments David A. Zapico, AMETEK Chief Executive Officer.
Laserage offers precision tube fabrication of minimally invasive surgical devices, stents and catheter-based delivery systems. Its expertise includes laser fabrication of flat stock and tube for medical devices and specialty catheters.
Laserage joins AMETEK as part of its Electromechanical Group (EMG) -- a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects, precision motion control solutions, medical components, specialty metals, thermal management systems, and floor care and specialty motors.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AEP Industries (AEPI) Shareholders Vote in Favor of Berry Plastics (BERY) Merger Plan
- General Motors (GM) confirms $1M SEC Ignition Switch Settlement
- Navient (NAVI) Rejects CFPB Ultimatum to Settle
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!