Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Receives Approval for Buyback of $24M TARP Preferred
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
Ameris Bancorp (NASDAQ: ABCB) announced that the Company has received regulatory approval for it to repurchase up to $24 million in shares of the preferred stock the Company originally issued to the U.S. Treasury under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) in November 2008. The Company intends to effect such repurchases as soon as practicable in order to reduce the dividends payable with respect to the preferred stock, thereby positively impacting the Company's 2013 results. The Company anticipates completing additional periodic reductions in the remaining balance of the original $52 million TARP preferred stock investment through February 2014, subject to the receipt of regulatory approval and available earnings. The preferred stock was sold by the Treasury to other investors in June 2012 through a registered public offering as part of the Treasury's efforts to wind down its remaining TARP bank investments.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Avago Tech (AVGO) Active Following Patent Case Ruling
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Nominates Three New Board Members
- UPDATE: Sandisk Corp (SNDK) Boosts FY Margin Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!