Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Receives Approval for Buyback of $24M TARP Preferred
- Futures little changed ahead of busy week of data
- SunTrust's Bob Peck Highlights 10 Candidates to Replace Yahoo! (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer
- Oil rises, traders take positions ahead of OPEC meeting
- Piper Jaffray Positive on Fitbit (FIT) Following Strong Weekend and Into Meetings This Week
- Amazon releases video showcasing unmanned delivery drones
Ameris Bancorp (NASDAQ: ABCB) announced that the Company has received regulatory approval for it to repurchase up to $24 million in shares of the preferred stock the Company originally issued to the U.S. Treasury under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) in November 2008. The Company intends to effect such repurchases as soon as practicable in order to reduce the dividends payable with respect to the preferred stock, thereby positively impacting the Company's 2013 results. The Company anticipates completing additional periodic reductions in the remaining balance of the original $52 million TARP preferred stock investment through February 2014, subject to the receipt of regulatory approval and available earnings. The preferred stock was sold by the Treasury to other investors in June 2012 through a registered public offering as part of the Treasury's efforts to wind down its remaining TARP bank investments.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pembina Pipeline (PBA) Sets Record Capital Budget Plan for 2016
- Gazit-Globe (GZT) Reports Q3 EPS of NIS0.89
- Höegh LNG Partners (HMLP) Announces Restatement of Certain Financials
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!