American Superconductor (AMSC) Receives Unfavorable Verdict in Sinovel Suit; Plans to Appeal
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
American Superconductor (NASDAQ: AMSC) disclosed the following on Tuesday:
Item 8.01. Other Events.
On August 17, 2016, American Superconductor Corporation (the “Company”) received notification that the Hainan Higher People’s Court dismissed the civil action captioned (2014) Hainan Yi Zhong Zhi Min Chu Zi No. 2 for software copyright infringement filed by the Company’s wholly-owned Chinese subsidiary, Suzhou AMSC Superconductor Co., Ltd. (“AMSC China”) against Sinovel Wind Group Co. Ltd., a company registered in China (“Sinovel”) and a former licensee of wind turbine technology from the Company’s wholly-owned Austrian subsidiary, AMSC Austria GmbH, and Dalian Guotong Electric Co. Ltd., a supplier of power converter products to Sinovel (“Guotong”), for what it cited was a lack of evidence.
In this civil action, AMSC China is seeking a cease and desist order with respect to the unauthorized use of its software, monetary damages of RMB 1.2 million (approximately $0.2 million) for its economic losses and reimbursement of all costs and reasonable expenses.
The Company expects to file an appeal of the Hainan Higher People’s Court’s decision with China’s Supreme People’s Court. China’s Supreme People’s Court has discretion to decide whether to hear the appeal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Reaches Agreement with SEC
- AerCap Holdings (AER) Signs 20 Aircraft Lease Agreement with Loong Air
- TG Therapeutics (TGTX) Receives Orphan Drug Designation for the Combination of TG-1101 and TGR-1202 to Treat DLBCL
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!