American Airlines (AAL) Reports July Traffic Down 0.3%
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL) today reported July and year-to-date 2016 traffic results.
American Airlines Group’s total revenue passenger miles (RPMs) were 21.7 billion, down 0.3 percent versus July 2015. Total capacity was 25.5 billion available seat miles (ASMs), up 2.3 percent versus July 2015. Total passenger load factor was 85.2 percent, down 2.1 percentage points versus July 2015.
The Company expects its third quarter 2016 total revenue per available seat mile to be down approximately 3.0 to 5.0 percent year-over-year. In addition, the Company continues to expect its third quarter pretax margin excluding special items1 to be between 12 and 14 percent.
The following summarizes American Airlines Group traffic results for the month and year-to-date ended July 31, 2016, and 2015, consisting of mainline-operated flights, wholly owned regional subsidiaries and operating results from capacity purchase agreements.
1 American is unable to reconcile certain forward-looking projections to GAAP as the nature or amount of special items cannot be determined at this time
|American Airlines Group Traffic Results|
|July||Year to Date|
|Revenue Passenger Miles (000)|
|Total Revenue Passenger Miles||21,711,448||21,776,122||(0.3||)||%||131,817,847||129,786,777||1.6||%|
|Available Seat Miles (000)|
|Total Available Seat Miles||25,496,450||24,931,669||2.3||%||161,311,436||157,122,282||2.7||%|
|Load Factor (%)|
|Total Load Factor||85.2||87.3||(2.1||)||pts||81.7||82.6||(0.9||)||pts|
|System Cargo Ton Miles (000)||201,356||190,501||5.7||%||1,354,320||1,338,042||1.2||%|
|1) Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands are included in the domestic results.|
|2) Latin America numbers include the Caribbean.|
|3) Regional includes wholly owned subsidiaries and operating results from capacity purchase carriers.|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Summit Materials (SUM) Declares Special Stock Dividend of 0.012 Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Stock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!