American Airlines (AAL) August Traffic Declines 2.8%, Capacity Up 1.4%
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL) today reported August and year-to-date 2016 traffic results.
American Airlines Group’s total revenue passenger miles (RPMs) were 20.4 billion, down 2.8 percent versus August 2015. Total capacity was 24.7 billion available seat miles (ASMs), up 1.4 percent versus August 2015. Total passenger load factor was 82.9 percent, down 3.6 percentage points versus August 2015.
The Company continues to expect its third quarter 2016 total revenue per available seat mile to be down approximately 3.0 to 5.0 percent year-over-year. In addition, the Company continues to expect its third quarter pretax margin excluding special items1 to be between 12 and 14 percent.
The following summarizes American Airlines Group traffic results for the month and year-to-date ended August 31, 2016, and 2015, consisting of mainline-operated flights, wholly owned regional subsidiaries and operating results from capacity purchase agreements.
1 American is unable to reconcile certain forward-looking projections to GAAP as the nature or amount of special items cannot be determined at this time
|American Airlines Group Traffic Results|
|August||Year to Date|
|Revenue Passenger Miles (000)|
|Total Revenue Passenger Miles||20,442,935||21,023,945||(2.8||)||%||152,260,782||150,810,723||1.0||%|
|Available Seat Miles (000)|
|Total Available Seat Miles||24,655,981||24,304,230||1.4||%||185,967,414||181,426,517||2.5||%|
|Load Factor (%)|
|Total Load Factor||82.9||86.5||(3.6||)||pts||81.9||83.1||(1.2||)||pts|
|System Cargo Ton Miles (000)||192,801||190,028||1.5||%||1,547,121||1,528,072||1.2||%|
|1||)||Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands are included in the domestic results.|
|2||)||Latin America numbers include the Caribbean.|
|3||)||Regional includes wholly owned subsidiaries and operating results from capacity purchase carriers.|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) Offers to Acquire Remaining Unit of Brookfield Canada Office Properties (BOXC)
- Westlake Chemical Partners LP (WLKP) Issues Statement on White House Regulatory Freeze
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Stock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!