Amedica (AMDA) Announces 38% Headcount Reduction
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Amedica Corporation (Nasdaq: AMDA) announced that it has reduced its workforce by approximately 38% to lower its operating expenses. The company will continue to focus on its commercial sales strategy to add new surgeons, territories, and distributors.
"We acknowledge the hard work of those affected by this decision, towards bringing silicon nitride technology to patient care," said Dr. Sonny Bal, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Amedica. "Consistent with our previously-announced commitments, this prudent course, albeit based on a difficult decision, will conserve cash and further our business objectives."
The actions associated with the plan were implemented on October 3, 2016 and completed on October 4, 2016. The Company estimates the staff reductions to result in savings of approximately $2.0 million in cash operating expenses on an annualized basis, with estimated one-time severance and related costs related to the restructuring of approximately $465 thousand expected to be recorded in the 4th quarter of 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synergy Resources (SYRG) Offers Prelim. Q3 Results; Daily Production Fell 10%
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c; Plans to Commence Two CF-Focused Phase 2s
- Ballard Power (BLDP) Closes China JV Transaction with Synergy; Receives Initial Payments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!