Amazon's new UK distribution center to create 500 jobs in 2017
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Amazon.com's logo is seen at Amazon Japan's office building in Tokyo, Japan, August 8, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon - RTSLR6W
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Online retailer Amazon plans to create 500 new jobs when it opens another distribution center in northern England next year, it said on Friday.
The new jobs are in addition to the 3,500 Amazon has announced it expects to create in Britain in 2016, spanning head office, research and development centres, customer service centres, a fashion photography studio, Amazon Web Services and distribution centres.
Those jobs will take Amazon's total full-time permanent employees to over 15,500 by the end of 2016.
The new center opening in 2017 will be the firm's third one in Doncaster.
Amazon's new UK manager Doug Gurr said in July Britain's decision to leave the European Union had not affected its investment plans for the country.
(Reporting by James Davey; editing by Jason Neely)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LG Display reports record fourth-quarter profits; panel prices seen rising further
- Banc of California (BANC) Appoints Robert Sznewajs to Chairman of the Board
- Eyegate Pharma (EYEG) Granted Canadian Patent for Proprietary Iontophoretic Formulation and Use
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!