Amazon's (AMZN) Twitch to Acquire Curse
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Amazon's (NASDAQ: AMZN) Twitch announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Curse, a leading global multimedia and technology company focused on creating content and products specifically for gamers.
Founded in 2006, Curse is home to some of the world’s most popular gaming websites, giving gamers the expertise and tools—wikis, news, guides, and databases—to help them take their gaming to the next level. Today, more than 30 million people visit Curse’s web properties, video channels, social media channels, and desktop application each month.
“We've long been fans of Curse, which is an innovator in the games industry with a strong culture built around its offerings—from Curse Voice and Curse Client to Gamepedia," said Emmett Shear, CEO of Twitch. "While it's still early days for Twitch and Curse, we’re kindred spirits in many ways and are looking forward to working together to enhance our users' gaming experience."
"We here at Curse have been avid gamers and Twitch users for quite a long time, so we're thrilled to be joining the Twitch family," said Hubert Thieblot, CEO of Curse. "I'm really excited to see how we can bring Curse services into the Twitch network, and provide an unparalleled experience to both Curse and Twitch users. This is going to be terrific for the millions of players who use Curse, and for the larger gaming community."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Cleared by DOJ to Acquire Virgin America (VA)
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!