Amazon's (AMZN) Twitch to Acquire Curse
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Amazon's (NASDAQ: AMZN) Twitch announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Curse, a leading global multimedia and technology company focused on creating content and products specifically for gamers.
Founded in 2006, Curse is home to some of the world’s most popular gaming websites, giving gamers the expertise and tools—wikis, news, guides, and databases—to help them take their gaming to the next level. Today, more than 30 million people visit Curse’s web properties, video channels, social media channels, and desktop application each month.
“We've long been fans of Curse, which is an innovator in the games industry with a strong culture built around its offerings—from Curse Voice and Curse Client to Gamepedia," said Emmett Shear, CEO of Twitch. "While it's still early days for Twitch and Curse, we’re kindred spirits in many ways and are looking forward to working together to enhance our users' gaming experience."
"We here at Curse have been avid gamers and Twitch users for quite a long time, so we're thrilled to be joining the Twitch family," said Hubert Thieblot, CEO of Curse. "I'm really excited to see how we can bring Curse services into the Twitch network, and provide an unparalleled experience to both Curse and Twitch users. This is going to be terrific for the millions of players who use Curse, and for the larger gaming community."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) to Obtain New Credit Facilities; Company in Discussions to Acquire Related Business, Satellite Transponders
- LSC Communications, Inc. (LKSD) to Acquire Continuum; No Terms
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!