Amazon's (AMZN) Twitch to Acquire Curse
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Amazon's (NASDAQ: AMZN) Twitch announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Curse, a leading global multimedia and technology company focused on creating content and products specifically for gamers.
Founded in 2006, Curse is home to some of the world’s most popular gaming websites, giving gamers the expertise and tools—wikis, news, guides, and databases—to help them take their gaming to the next level. Today, more than 30 million people visit Curse’s web properties, video channels, social media channels, and desktop application each month.
“We've long been fans of Curse, which is an innovator in the games industry with a strong culture built around its offerings—from Curse Voice and Curse Client to Gamepedia," said Emmett Shear, CEO of Twitch. "While it's still early days for Twitch and Curse, we’re kindred spirits in many ways and are looking forward to working together to enhance our users' gaming experience."
"We here at Curse have been avid gamers and Twitch users for quite a long time, so we're thrilled to be joining the Twitch family," said Hubert Thieblot, CEO of Curse. "I'm really excited to see how we can bring Curse services into the Twitch network, and provide an unparalleled experience to both Curse and Twitch users. This is going to be terrific for the millions of players who use Curse, and for the larger gaming community."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- European Commission Opens Investigation into Proposed Acquisition of Syngenta (SYT) by ChemChina
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 10/28: (ORCL)/(N) (AFSI) (XPO)
- Corrections Corp. (CXW) Announces Rebranding as CoreCivic
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!