Amazon.com (AMZN) Updates on 'Mayday Button' Performance
- Wall St. higher as investors await key economic data
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/1: (GIGA) (DHRM) (VHC) Higher; (BBEP) (RPRX) (ICA) Lower
- Asia Supply Chain Confirms Continued Apple (AAPL) Weakness - Credit Suisse
- Platt's BlueCrest to Return All Outside Client Money: Will Become Private Investment Partnership
- ITC Holdings (ITC) to Review Strategic Alternatives Including Sale
Eight months ago, Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) launched the Mayday button, connecting you to live, on-device tech support 24x7, 365 days a year—for free. Today, Amazon announced that the Mayday button is now the most popular way for Fire HDX customers to contact customer service, and the average response time is just 9.75 seconds.
“When we set out to invent the Mayday button, we wanted to revolutionize tech support—and we’re happy to report it’s working!” said Scott Brown, Director, Amazon Customer Service. “75% of customer contacts for Fire HDX now come via the Mayday button. Even as the Mayday button has grown to become the most popular way for customers to ask questions, the team’s been able to beat the response time goal of 15 seconds or less—our average is just 9.75 seconds.”
Unusual Mayday anecdotes include:
- After being stuck on a specific Angry Birds level for a week, a Tech Advisor helped a customer beat the level.
- What better way to settle a score than to use the Mayday button? A group of friends asked how to make a perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich to prove whose approach was best.
- A Tech Advisor sang happy birthday to someone as they were receiving a Fire HDX from their boyfriend.
- Contacts are coming in from customers traveling around the world—Australia, Bolivia, Egypt, Kenya, St. Lucia and Venezuela, to name a few.
- Customers have asked Tech Advisors to draw everything from happy faces to rainbows, unicorns, fire-breathing dragons, and aliens.
- Mayday Tech Advisors also get their fair share of date requests and marriage proposals, but beyond that, they’ve been called everything from helpful, patient, sweet, wonderful, and courteous to beautiful, polite, and the “BEST EVER.”
Here’s what customers are saying about the Mayday button:
- “The Mayday feature of my new kindle is fantastic. To have a person who can hear your voice answer your questions immediately, and solve your issue within seconds is just invaluable.”
- “MAYDAY is officially the coolest!!!”
- “I wasn’t disappointed. It’s everything you said it would be. Mayday is terrific.”
- “The Mayday feature ROCKS! I’ve used it twice already and both times the tech support was just the best! Amazon you have the best device support on the market today!”
Here’s what reviewers are saying:
- “An amazing idea well-implemented.” – TechCrunch
- “But in Mayday, we get a glimpse into what the future of online customer support could look like.” – Fortune
- “Mayday is amazing and truly practical…” – New York Times
- “It’s called Mayday, and it’s the most remarkable customer service tool I’ve ever seen.” – The Verge
- “It’s pretty cool that Amazon has invested so heavily in customer service that it has real humans waiting to help you out 24/7 at the push of a button.” – Business Insider
The Mayday button is free and available 24/7, 365 days a year. To use, you simply tap the Mayday button in Quick Settings, and an Amazon expert will appear on your Fire HDX and can co-pilot you through any feature by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you—whatever you’d prefer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Thanksgiving Weekend Device Sales Rose ~300%
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) Says New Data Shows Its Once-Weekly Trulicity is Effective as Add-on Treatment to Sulfonylurea
- Amazon (AMZN) Gains on Weekend/Cyber Monday Sales and PT Hike at Barclays
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!