Amazon.com (AMZN) Debuts New Glacier Storage Solution; Designed for Important Docs, Data
- PPI Falls 0.1% in Nov., Reflecting Lower Food, Energy Costs
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/13: (CNDO) (PTIX) (TXI) Higher; (INSY) (APC) (RH) Lower (more...)
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Promotes Steve Mollenkopf to CEO
- Sands (LVS) Scraps $30B Spanish Project as Negotiations Fall Apart
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
Amazon Web Services LLC (AWS), an Amazon.com company (Nasdaq: AMZN), today announced Amazon Glacier – a secure, reliable and extremely low cost storage solution designed for data archiving and backup. Amazon Glacier is designed for data that is infrequently accessed, yet still important to retain for future reference. Examples include digital media archives, financial and healthcare records, raw genomic sequence data, long-term database backups, and data that must be retained for regulatory compliance. With Amazon Glacier, customers can reliably and durably store large or small amounts of data for as little as $0.01/GB/month, a significant savings compared to on-premises solutions.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ISI Group Upgrades Amazon.com (AMZN) to Strong Buy
- Celsion (CLSN) Updates on Two ThermoDox Phase Is; Commences Phase II Enrollment
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!