Amazon.com (AMZN) Expands Handmade Offerings Platform into Europe
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) announced the expansion of Handmade at Amazon, a store featuring genuinely handmade items crafted and sold directly from European artisans, to its five European local marketplaces. With Handmade at Amazon, customers can discover products from artisans with the familiar Amazon experience they know and trust. Amazon customers in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and across Europe can now shop over 30,000 genuinely handcrafted items, with hundreds of new products being added each day, sold directly by European artisans new to the Handmade at Amazon store.
“When we introduce a new business at Amazon we think long-term and globally. Since launch, we’ve received feedback from customers and artisans around the world that they want a Handmade at Amazon store in their local marketplace,” said Steve Johnson, Director at Amazon. “With our focus on genuine handcrafted products, the Handmade at Amazon store has been a big hit with artisans and customers in the U.S. and we’re encouraged by the strong growth of sales and customer traffic. Amazon has become a one-stop shop for holiday gifting, and this year customers will see hundreds of thousands more handmade items, with thousands eligible for Prime two-day shipping.”
Since the launch of Handmade at Amazon in the U.S. less than a year ago, Amazon’s selection of quality handcrafted products has grown over 5x to include more than 500,000 items from all 50 states and over 80 countries around the world. Artisan crafted products are available in ten categories, and over 50 percent of items include options for customer personalization.
In the U.S., Handmade at Amazon has continued to add new features, making shopping for handmade items convenient and easier than ever, including:
- Connect with the Artisan: Allowing customers to interact directly with artisans to commission products that are completely their own.
- Martha Stewart American Made store: Featuring local artisans hand selected by Martha Stewart.
- Made in Italy store: Offering handcrafted items from Italian artisans.
Heading into the Holidays, Handmade at Amazon will release its second annual Holiday Gift Guide, featuring curated lists of artisan-made products for her, for kids, for him, and more. Presented by audience and by price, the gift guide makes finding the perfect handmade gift easier than ever.
All products available on Handmade at Amazon are factory-free and must be made by hand. Handmade at Amazon features a variety of product categories including Accessories, Baby and Toys & Games, Jewelry, Home Décor, Artwork, Stationery and Party Supplies, Kitchen and Dining, and Furniture.
To explore products and view highlighted artisan videos on Handmade at Amazon, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Looks to Create 100,000 New U.S. Jobs Over Next 18 Months
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) to Take $300M Pre-Tax Charge Related to Summary Judgment in Unsecured Creditors Litigation
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!