Amazon (AMZN) Reports Best-Ever Holiday Shopping Weekend for Devices
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced its best-ever holiday shopping weekend for devices—including a record-breaking Cyber Monday with Amazon device sales up more than 2x over last year and millions of devices sold.
Echo Dot, Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Fire tablet, and Amazon Echo were not only the best-selling Amazon devices, but they were the best-selling products from any manufacturer in any category across all of Amazon.
- Millions of the all-new Echo Dot sold since launch—sales of Amazon Echo family of devices up over 7x over last year’s Cyber Monday.
- Millions of Alexa devices were purchased this holiday shopping weekend.
- Fire Tablets sales were up 2x compared to last Cyber Monday.
- Fire Kids Edition has its best holiday shopping weekend ever—continues to be the #1 kids tablet in the U.S., across all retailers.
- Amazon Fire TV sales were up more than 2.5x year-over-year on Cyber Monday. Fire TV continues to be the #1 streaming media player in the U.S., across all retailers.
- The Kindle e-reader business continues to grow—customers bought hundreds of thousands of Kindle e-readers this holiday weekend.
“Customers purchased millions of Amazon’s Alexa-enabled devices this holiday weekend—the all-new Echo Dot, the best-selling 7” Fire tablet, and the new Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote are all available for under $50 and all powered by Alexa,” said Dave Limp, Senior Vice President, Amazon Devices & Services. “It’s never been easier to have Alexa in any or every room, and we’re excited for millions of new customers to discover Alexa this holiday season.”
Many Amazon device customers already enjoyed using Alexa this holiday weekend, as well as other festive Amazon content on their devices:
- Alexa helped customers prep and cook for their Thanksgiving gatherings. Customers asked Alexa to set nearly 2x as many timers on Thanksgiving Day as the day before, and customers asked Alexa nearly 3x as many questions about cooking during Thanksgiving week compared to the week prior.
- The top 3 most popular Kindle cookbooks downloaded during Thanksgiving week include: “Essential Spices and Herbs,” “The Healthy Pressure Cooker Cookbook,” and “Me, Myself and Pie.”
- Customers listened to 40% more Amazon Music on Alexa devices than any other device on Thanksgiving.
- The top playlist on Alexa devices for Thanksgiving was “Thanksgiving with the Family;” the following day, “Christmas Classics” became the #1 playlist.
- Prime Video’s hit new show “The Grand Tour” was the most streamed title on Thanksgiving Day, followed by “Goliath.”
- The most popular holiday titles viewed on Amazon Video on Thanksgiving Day include “Christmas Vacation” and “Charlie Brown Christmas.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- USANA Health Sciences (USNA) Names New CIO and President
- Alere (ALR) Comments on Abbott (ABT) Complaint; Believes Suit is 'Without Merit'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!