Amaya (AYA) to Consider Non-Binding Cash Offer from David Baazov
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Amaya Inc. (NASDAQ: AYA) confirmed today that it has received a non-binding all cash offer from its former Chief Executive Officer, David Baazov, on behalf of an entity to be formed to acquire Amaya at a price of CAD$24.00 per common share. Amaya also confirms that the offer provides for a USD$200 million deposit into escrow upon execution of a definitive agreement in respect of a potential transaction that would be converted into a one-year structurally subordinated, interest bearing debt obligation to fund a portion of the USD$400 million deferred purchase price for Amaya's acquisition of the Rational Group in August 2014, such amount to be convertible into equity following the closing of such potential transaction.
The Board of Directors of Amaya, with the assistance of its advisors, will consider Mr. Baazov's offer. Shareholders of Amaya do not need to take any action with respect to any offer at this time. Amaya intends to provide updates if and when necessary in accordance with applicable securities laws.
As of the time of this release, there can be no assurance that Mr. Baazov's offer or that any future bid or offer will ultimately result in a completed transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Summit Materials (SUM) Declares Special Stock Dividend of 0.012 Shares
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!