AmTrust Financial (AFSI) Announces Completion of $203M ANV Holdings Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: AFSI) announced that it has completed the acquisition of ANV Holdings B.V. and its affiliates (“ANV”) from Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan for approximately $203 million in cash. During the last 12 months ending September 30, 2016, ANV’s three managed syndicates, 1861, 5820 and 779, reported gross written premium of $724.4 million. The reported gross written premium included $542.3 million underwritten by ANV for its own account and $182.1 million gross written premium managed for a fee by ANV for third party capital providers.
“We are excited to welcome ANV to AmTrust,” said AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. Chairman, President and CEO, Barry Zyskind. “We believe adding ANV’s experienced management and established reputation to AmTrust’s existing Lloyd’s operations will generate profitable growth and attractive returns for our shareholders.”
“The combined operations of ANV and AmTrust at Lloyd’s will provide AmTrust with a Lloyd’s platform that can effectively compete on a global scale,” said ANV Group CEO, Lynsey Cross. “We look forward to benefiting from AmTrust’s technical capabilities and achieving reinsurance efficiencies that should lead to profitable success for our combined operations.”
ANV is a specialty insurance company that underwrites a variety of commercial property/casualty insurance products through its three Lloyd’s syndicates and managing general underwriter. ANV has a well-established infrastructure composed of a highly skilled management team and solid underwriting capability.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Announces Monthly Performance Results for November 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!