AmSurg (AMSG), Envision Healthcare (EVHC) HSR Waiting Period for Pending Merger Expires; Gains Florida Antitrust Approval
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc (NYSE: EVHC) and AMSURG Corp. (NASDAQ: AMSG) today announced the expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 with respect to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission review of the proposed merger of Envision and AMSURG.
Expiration of the waiting period satisfies one of the conditions to the closing of the pending merger, which remains subject to other customary closing conditions, including the approval by shareholders of both Envision and AMSURG and other regulatory approvals.
Separately, both Envision and AMSURG have received a request for information from the Antitrust Division of the State of Florida Attorney General’s office and both organizations are cooperating with that request.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Gannett (GCI) -Tronc (TRNC) deal still in doubt as banks said to withdraw financing
- CenturyLink (CTL) options swept up on WSJ report of advanced merger talks with Level 3 (LVLT)
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!