AmSurg (AMSG), Envision Healthcare (EVHC) HSR Waiting Period for Pending Merger Expires; Gains Florida Antitrust Approval
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc (NYSE: EVHC) and AMSURG Corp. (NASDAQ: AMSG) today announced the expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 with respect to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission review of the proposed merger of Envision and AMSURG.
Expiration of the waiting period satisfies one of the conditions to the closing of the pending merger, which remains subject to other customary closing conditions, including the approval by shareholders of both Envision and AMSURG and other regulatory approvals.
Separately, both Envision and AMSURG have received a request for information from the Antitrust Division of the State of Florida Attorney General’s office and both organizations are cooperating with that request.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!