AmSurg (AMSG), Envision Healthcare (EVHC) HSR Waiting Period for Pending Merger Expires; Gains Florida Antitrust Approval
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc (NYSE: EVHC) and AMSURG Corp. (NASDAQ: AMSG) today announced the expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 with respect to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission review of the proposed merger of Envision and AMSURG.
Expiration of the waiting period satisfies one of the conditions to the closing of the pending merger, which remains subject to other customary closing conditions, including the approval by shareholders of both Envision and AMSURG and other regulatory approvals.
Separately, both Envision and AMSURG have received a request for information from the Antitrust Division of the State of Florida Attorney General’s office and both organizations are cooperating with that request.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC) to Acquire First Texas BHC for $462M
- Sprint Corp. (S) Acquires 33% of TIDAL
- Mitsubishi UFJ Keeps OpenText (OTEX) At Overweight Following Closure Of ECD Deal, Views Deal Favorably
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!