Alnylam Pharma (ALNY) Says DMC Recommends Continuation of Phase 3 APOLLO Trial
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALNY) announced today that the Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) for the Phase 3 APOLLO study of patisiran in patients with hereditary ATTR amyloidosis with polyneuropathy (hATTR-PN) met on October 7, 2016 and recommended continuation of the trial without modification. The APOLLO DMC met at the request of the Company following the decision – announced on October 5, 2016 – to discontinue development of revusiran for the treatment of hereditary ATTR amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (hATTR-CM). The DMC will continue to meet periodically per their remit to monitor the overall safety of patisiran in the APOLLO study through its completion.
The APOLLO study has completed enrollment of 225 patients at 44 sites in 19 countries, between December 2013 and January 2016.
“As part of our vigilance around patient safety, we felt it was important to take immediate action and requested that the APOLLO DMC convene to evaluate accumulated safety data from the randomized, placebo-controlled Phase 3 study of patisiran,” said Akshay Vaishnaw, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President of R&D and Chief Medical Officer at Alnylam. “We’re pleased to learn of the DMC’s recommendation that dosing can continue in APOLLO, and we look forward to the top-line data readout from that study expected in mid-2017. There is substantial unmet need in hATTR-PN and we are committed to advancing patisiran through development in hopes of bringing a new and needed treatment option to patients.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) PT Raised to $89 at Chardan Capital Markets Following Arrowhead's RNAi Program Discontinuations
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Receives Adverse Decision in Texas Hip Implants Case; Will Pay $1B
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!