Ally Financial Completes $4.1B Asset Sale to RBC (RY)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Ally Financial Inc. (Ally) today announced that the sale of its Canadian auto finance operation, Ally Credit Canada Limited, and ResMor Trust to Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE: RY) has been completed. Ally received $4.1 billion USD for the business in the form of a $3.7 billion payment at closing and $400 million of dividends paid following the announcement of the transaction. Total proceeds represent a premium to book value of approximately $620 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Divest Corpus Christi Terminalling Assets for Net Proceeds of $93M
- Alere (ALR) Receives Shareholder Support for Proposed Abbott (ABT) Merger
- Reynolds American (RAI) Affirms Receipt of British American Tobacco (BTI) Offer; Will Evaluate
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!