Allscripts (MDRX) Adopts Poison Pill
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS, Sales Beat
- Baidu.com (BIDU) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c; Issues Q2 Revs Outlook
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 04/24: (KOOL) (SGYP) (MPET) Higher; (HEAR) (CLFD) (SILC) Lower
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: MDRX) has approved the adoption of a Stockholder Rights Plan (the "Rights Plan") under which stockholders will receive rights to purchase shares of a new series of preferred stock in certain circumstances. The Rights Plan is intended to enable all stockholders to realize the long-term value of their investment in the Company and protect them from unfair or coercive takeover attempts. The Rights Plan was not adopted in response to any current hostile takeover attempt.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Bank of New York (BK) Weighing Sale of Corporate Trust Unit - Report
- UPDATE: General Electric (GE) Said in Talks to Acquire France's Alstom for ~$13B
- Knightsbridge Tankers (VLCCF) Higher on Deal to Combine with Frontline 2012 Ltd.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!