Allscripts (MDRX) Adopts Poison Pill
- Market Wrap: Pending Home Sales Reach Multi-Year Highs; M&A Rules the Day; Tesla Plans New Product Launch
- OptumRx to Acquire Catamaran (CTRX) for $61.50/Share (UNH)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/30: (DRYS) (TSLA) (HLT) Higher; (EGY) (SNTA) (TCK) Lower (more...)
- AIG (AIG) Chairman Miller Will Step Down in July
- Tesla (TSLA) CEO Musk: Major New Product Line Being Unveiled April 30th
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: MDRX) has approved the adoption of a Stockholder Rights Plan (the "Rights Plan") under which stockholders will receive rights to purchase shares of a new series of preferred stock in certain circumstances. The Rights Plan is intended to enable all stockholders to realize the long-term value of their investment in the Company and protect them from unfair or coercive takeover attempts. The Rights Plan was not adopted in response to any current hostile takeover attempt.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Staples (SPLS), Office Depot (ODP) Received FTC Request for Additional Information
- Fortune Brands (FBHS) to Acquire Norcraft Companies, Inc. (NCFT) in $600M Deal
- Selectica (SLTC) to Acquire b-pack in $12.5M Cash, Stock Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!