Allscripts (MDRX) Adopts Poison Pill
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: MDRX) has approved the adoption of a Stockholder Rights Plan (the "Rights Plan") under which stockholders will receive rights to purchase shares of a new series of preferred stock in certain circumstances. The Rights Plan is intended to enable all stockholders to realize the long-term value of their investment in the Company and protect them from unfair or coercive takeover attempts. The Rights Plan was not adopted in response to any current hostile takeover attempt.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Avago Tech (AVGO) Active Following Patent Case Ruling
- JDSU (JDSU) Issues RSUs Tied to Time-Bandwidth Purchase
- Teva Pharma (TEVA), Pfizer (PFE) Settle Over Generic Celebrex
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!