Allergan (AGN) Comments on Namenda XR Patent Litigation; Will Depend Appeals Court Case
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) issued the following statement regarding ongoing litigation on patents related to NAMENDA XR (memantine hydrochloride) extended release capsules following announcement of FDA final ANDA approval by Lupin.
"As announced on September 10, 2015, Allergan's Forest Laboratories subsidiaries and its licensors announced a settlement agreement regarding their Namenda XR ANDA litigation with Amneal Pharmaceuticals as first filer and granted a licensed entry date of January 31, 2020. In addition, the Company has settled with all other Namenda XR ANDA defendants, including Lupin Limited and Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and the Company has not announced any earlier licensed entry dates.
One of the licensed patent families covering Namenda XR has been held invalid by the Federal District Court for the District of Delaware. That decision is under appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. The Company will defend the validity of these patents on appeal and believes that its arguments on appeal are substantial and meritorious.
If the district court ruling on these patents is upheld, there is a possibility that generic entry for Namenda XR could occur following an adverse Court of Appeals decision."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
- RAIT Financial (RAS) Separates Chairman, CEO Roles; Appoints New Independent Chair
- ICON plc (ICLR) Appoints New Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!