Allergan (AGN) Comments on Namenda XR Patent Litigation; Will Depend Appeals Court Case
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadows OPEC-led cuts
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Dish Network (DISH) to Overweight
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) issued the following statement regarding ongoing litigation on patents related to NAMENDA XR (memantine hydrochloride) extended release capsules following announcement of FDA final ANDA approval by Lupin.
"As announced on September 10, 2015, Allergan's Forest Laboratories subsidiaries and its licensors announced a settlement agreement regarding their Namenda XR ANDA litigation with Amneal Pharmaceuticals as first filer and granted a licensed entry date of January 31, 2020. In addition, the Company has settled with all other Namenda XR ANDA defendants, including Lupin Limited and Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and the Company has not announced any earlier licensed entry dates.
One of the licensed patent families covering Namenda XR has been held invalid by the Federal District Court for the District of Delaware. That decision is under appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. The Company will defend the validity of these patents on appeal and believes that its arguments on appeal are substantial and meritorious.
If the district court ruling on these patents is upheld, there is a possibility that generic entry for Namenda XR could occur following an adverse Court of Appeals decision."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
- Allergan (AGN) Announces FDA Approval Of RHOFADE Cream to Treat Redness Associated with Rosacea
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!