Allergan (AGN) Comments on Namenda XR Patent Litigation; Will Depend Appeals Court Case
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) issued the following statement regarding ongoing litigation on patents related to NAMENDA XR (memantine hydrochloride) extended release capsules following announcement of FDA final ANDA approval by Lupin.
"As announced on September 10, 2015, Allergan's Forest Laboratories subsidiaries and its licensors announced a settlement agreement regarding their Namenda XR ANDA litigation with Amneal Pharmaceuticals as first filer and granted a licensed entry date of January 31, 2020. In addition, the Company has settled with all other Namenda XR ANDA defendants, including Lupin Limited and Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and the Company has not announced any earlier licensed entry dates.
One of the licensed patent families covering Namenda XR has been held invalid by the Federal District Court for the District of Delaware. That decision is under appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. The Company will defend the validity of these patents on appeal and believes that its arguments on appeal are substantial and meritorious.
If the district court ruling on these patents is upheld, there is a possibility that generic entry for Namenda XR could occur following an adverse Court of Appeals decision."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergan (AGN) Enters DELZICOL Patent Settlement Agreement
- Amgen And Allergan Submit Biosimilar Marketing Authorization Application To European Medicines Agency For ABP 215, A Biosimilar Candidate To Bevacizumab
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!