Alleghany (Y) Unit Acquires Assets of Bussman Medical & Research
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Alleghany Capital Corporation ("Alleghany Capital"), a subsidiary of Alleghany Corporation, announced that R.C. Tway Company, LLC ("Kentucky Trailer") has acquired select assets of Bussman Medical & Research ("Bussman"). Based in the Netherlands, Bussman specializes in the design and construction of modular solutions for the healthcare industry, including standard and hybrid operating theaters, endoscopy units, dialysis units, maternity suites, and pharmacies.
Gary A. Smith, Sr., President and Chief Executive Officer of Kentucky Trailer, commented, "The addition of the Bussman assets expands our existing capabilities in the mobile medical market and complements our acquisition of Smit Mobile Equipment ("Smit") in late 2015." Gerben Smit, Smit's Managing Director, added, "As a result of this transaction, we will be able to provide more integrated and comprehensive solutions to our European and global customers, while leveraging the manufacturing expertise Smit has built over the last 200 years."
David Van Geyzel, President and Chief Executive Officer of Alleghany Capital, stated, "This transaction will strengthen Smit's position in the global mobile and modular healthcare market and is consistent with Kentucky Trailer's strategy in its Specialty Vehicles segment. Alleghany Capital is pleased to support Kentucky Trailer as the company continues to execute on its bolt-on acquisition strategy."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Research & Consulting Industry Veteran Joins Phronesis Partners Inc.
- Morgan Stanley, Citi plan Brexit job moves: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!