Alibaba (BABA), Gemalto Enter Cloud-Based IoT Platform Development Collaboration
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Gemalto announced that it is collaborating with Alibaba Group’s YunOS to provide connectivity and security for YunOS – developed by Alibaba Group, it is a cloud-based, data and services oriented Internet of Things (IoT) operating system, widely integrated into IoT devices, as well as chips and sensors across industries. In this partnership, Gemalto provides its Allynis Trusted Service Hub that allows easy provisioning of security sensitive applications throughout the identity lifecycle management.
Security is a paramount component in IoT devices as it provides the peace of mind for YunOS customers, such as drivers of connected cars, and users of smart home appliances and mobile devices. This alliance extends YunOS’ vision of a uniform identity framework for disparate IoT applications.
Although the IoT market is still in its infancy, it is widely expected to gain tremendous traction in the next few years. According to Gartner, by 2020, there will be 20.8 billion1 IoT devices in use, generating a US$3.49 trillion market. The YunOS had acquired 70 million smartphone users and over 100 million smart terminals by May this year.
“The YunOS is not merely about connecting things, it connecting everything by credible perception, reliable connectivity, and efficient circulation of services,” said Zhang ChunHui, Alibaba OS Business Group President. “By being a one-stop IoT security solutions provider and a long-time trusted partner, Gemalto has the right credentials and is an ideal fit to fulfil our YunOS vision.”
"In recent years, the Chinese market is teeming with innovation, with Alibaba as one of the most active trailblazers in the industry. We are proud to be the technology enabler in Alibaba YunOS’ biggest IoT push,” said Suzanne Tong-Li, President, Greater China & Korea at Gemalto. "We have the rich expertise and experience in enabling security for a variety of IoT applications in China and across the globe, putting us in a sweet spot to provide security and trust in this ever-expanding ecosystem.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alibaba (BABA) Expects to Beat Singles' Day Record with New Products - Bloomberg, Citing Co-President Evans
- Alibaba Group Launches 2016 11.11 Global Shopping Festival
- Stone Energy (SGY) Plans to File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!