Alexion Pharma (ALXN) Receives FDA Form 483 for Smithfield, RI, Facility
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Alexion Pharma (NASDAQ: ALXN) disclosed the following on Monday:
Item 8.01 Other Events.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently completed a routine current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) inspection of Alexion Pharmaceutical, Inc.'s (Alexion's) Smithfield, Rhode Island manufacturing facility. At the conclusion of the inspection, the FDA issued a Form 483 with three observations. These observations are inspectional, and do not represent a final FDA determination of compliance. The observations pertain to: completion and closure of certain investigations, validation of surface sampling methods, and monitoring of water systems. As previously disclosed, Alexion received an FDA Warning Letter, dated March 22, 2013, regarding compliance with current GMP at the Rhode Island facility. None of the observations in the current Form 483 were designated as a repeat observation.
Addressing FDA observations and advancing quality initiatives continues as a key priority for Alexion and Alexion has enhanced and expects to continually enhance its overall quality program. Alexion will work diligently to address the observations identified in the current Form 483.
Alexion continues to manufacture products, including Soliris® (eculizumab), in this facility. Based on current information, Alexion anticipates that the supply of Soliris to patients will not be interrupted.
Further, based on current information, Alexion does not anticipate there will be any material financial impact to address the observations and resolve outstanding FDA concerns.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Alexion Pharma (ALXN) Shares Whipsawed on Erroneous Headline
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces Positive Longer-Term ORKAMBI + KALYDECO Data in CF Progression Modification
- Alexion Pharma (ALXN) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Guides Relativity In-Line
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!