Alexion Pharma (ALXN) Offers Update on 10-Q Submission; Says Investigating Soliris Sales Practices
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALXN) announced that it has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) a Form 12b-25 Notification of Late Filing with regard to its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2016.
The Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors is conducting an investigation into allegations that recently have been made by a former employee with respect to the Company’s sales practices of Soliris® (eculizumab). Specifically, the Audit and Finance Committee is investigating whether Company personnel have engaged in sales practices that were inconsistent with Company policies and procedures and the related disclosure and other considerations raised by such practices. The Audit and Finance Committee has retained outside counsel to assist it in the investigation.
At this point in time, the Audit and Finance Committee’s investigation has not identified instances where Soliris orders were not placed by customers for patients or any facts that require the Company to update its previously reported historical results. The Audit and Finance Committee and its counsel are working diligently to complete the investigation, but at this time it is uncertain when this investigation will be complete and what the results of such investigation will be.
The delayed filing does not affect Alexion’s ability to serve existing or new patients worldwide or to progress the Company’s clinical development programs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Globus Medical (GMED), UMB Financial (UMBF) to UMB Financial; HomeStreet (HMST) to S&P SmallCap 600
- Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) Files 1.22M Share Common Stock Shelf for Shareholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!