Alere's (ALR) i RSV Test Cleared by FDA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR) announced that its Alere i RSV test has received 510(k) marketing clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the detection of RSV infection in children and adults. Following Alere™ i Influenza A & B and Alere™ i Strep A, Alere i RSV is the latest testing application on the Alere i platform and is the first molecular test that can be used at the point-of-care to detect RSV in 13 minutes or less.
Alere will shortly submit an application for CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) waiver of the Alere i RSV test. Alere i testing applications have previously been CLIA-waived for Influenza A & B and Strep A.
"Our innovative Alere i platform now allows for the rapid molecular detection of RSV, Influenza A & B and Strep A," said Avi Pelossof, Alere Global President of Infectious Disease. "The availability of clinically meaningful results in an actionable timeframe empowers clinicians to deliver prompt and appropriate patient care. We are excited to continue our ground-breaking innovation on this platform with multiple new analytes progressing well through product development."
In acute care settings, every minute counts when assessing symptomatic patients. Arming healthcare personnel with a simple to use point-of-care RSV test that offers speed and molecular accuracy facilitates early and appropriate supportive care, the avoidance of unnecessary antibiotic treatment, and the rapid initiation of infection control measures to help control the spread of this highly contagious and potentially life-threatening infection.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!