Alere (ALR) Reports Q3 Revenue of $582M, Below Consensus
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR), a global leader in rapid diagnostic tests, today announced that it has filed its Form 10-Q and reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016.
Revenue for the third quarter of 2016 was $582 million, a 4% decrease compared to $604 million in the prior year period. Infectious disease revenue grew 11% or $19 million year-over-year with strength in Africa and Latin America, particularly in malaria and HIV product sales. This strong growth was offset by revenue declines of $15 million due to the divestiture of BBI in November 2015, $12 million in mail order diabetes and $7 million in Toxicology. Foreign currency had a negative impact of $4 million and organic growth was -0.7% during the third quarter of 2016.
Net income (loss) from continuing operations during the third quarter of 2016 was $22 million, or $0.19 per basic and diluted share, compared to $(2) million, or $(0.10) per basic and diluted share in the prior year period. On a non-GAAP basis, the Company reported non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA of $64 million in the third quarter of 2016, compared to $135 million in the prior year period. The year-over-year decrease was primarily driven by $41 million in merger and legal-related expenses, $12 million of investments in infrastructure and performance improvement initiatives and $5 million in acquisition costs.
(Street sees Q3 EPS of 54c on revenue of $605.5 million.)
Revenue (in millions)
Third Quarter 2016
License and Royalty
Certain amounts presented may not recalculate directly, due to rounding.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Moody's Lowers Outlook on Zayo Group (ZAYO) to Stable; Ratings Affirmed
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Hot Corp. News, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!