Alere (ALR) Receives Shareholder Support for Proposed Abbott (ABT) Merger
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR) announced that its shareholders have voted to approve the previously announced merger with Abbott. In a final count of the voting results, over 98% of votes cast at a special meeting voted in favor of the merger, representing 77% of all outstanding Alere shares as of the August 26, 2016 record date. The final vote results will be filed on a Form 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
"The overwhelming support we received from our shareholders today is recognition of the significant value that the combination of Alere and Abbott unlocks for our global customers, employees and shareholders," said Namal Nawana, President and CEO of Alere.
Upon closing of the merger, Alere shareholders will receive $56 per common share in cash, and Alere will become a subsidiary of Abbott. The transaction remains subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including applicable regulatory approvals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TerraForm Power (TERP) Enters Exclusivity Agreement with Brookfield Asset Management Regarding Possible Deal
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP) Announces $175M Offering of Common Stock
- AMC Entertainment (AMC) to Acquire Nordic Cinema Group for $929M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!