Alere (ALR) Files Complaint Against Abbott (ABT) Regarding Merger
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR) today issued the following statement in response to inquiries from its shareholders:
On August 25, 2016, Alere filed a complaint against Abbott in Delaware Chancery Court, which seeks to compel Abbott to fulfill its obligations under the terms of the merger agreement to take all actions necessary to promptly obtain all required anti-trust approvals. We expect the redacted version of the complaint to be publicly available next week.
Alere will take all actions necessary to protect the interests of Alere shareholders, enforce Alere's rights under the merger agreement and compel Abbott to complete the transaction in accordance with its terms.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Exclusive: U.S. standards council to investigate New Oriental after Reuters report
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!