Alere (ALR) Files Complaint Against Abbott (ABT) Regarding Merger
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR) today issued the following statement in response to inquiries from its shareholders:
On August 25, 2016, Alere filed a complaint against Abbott in Delaware Chancery Court, which seeks to compel Abbott to fulfill its obligations under the terms of the merger agreement to take all actions necessary to promptly obtain all required anti-trust approvals. We expect the redacted version of the complaint to be publicly available next week.
Alere will take all actions necessary to protect the interests of Alere shareholders, enforce Alere's rights under the merger agreement and compel Abbott to complete the transaction in accordance with its terms.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Community Bank System (CBU) to Acquire Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) in ~$304M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!