Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) Reports Full Clinical Hold on IND Applications for MDX and Phase III MEASURE Study
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Alcobra Ltd. (Nasdaq: ADHD) announced that it has received verbal notice from the Division of Psychiatry Products of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that a full clinical hold has been placed on its Investigational New Drug (IND) applications for MDX in ADHD and Fragile X Syndrome. The clinical hold affects Alcobra’s ongoing Phase III clinical study of MDX in adult patients with ADHD, known as the “MEASURE” study.
Alcobra has not yet received written notice of the clinical hold from the FDA, however, based on verbal communications, the FDA indicated that the clinical hold is due to adverse neurological findings in a pre-clinical study. The FDA notification was not based on clinical safety data observed in the ongoing MEASURE study, which has enrolled nearly 500 subjects, or previous clinical studies involving MDX. Alcobra plans to work diligently with the FDA to seek the removal of the clinical hold.
Conference Call InformationAlcobra will host a conference call to discuss today’s announcement.
Thursday, September 29, 2016 @ 8:30 a.m. Eastern TimeDomestic: 855-469-0611International: 484-756-4341Passcode: 91332641Webcast: http://www.alcobra-pharma.com/events.cfm
Replays available through October 13, 2016Domestic: 855-859-2056International: 404-537-3406Passcode: 91332641
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) Details Results from Phase 3 EXPEDITION3 Trial, Which Missed Primary Endpoint in AD
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Announces Positive Top-Line Results from First Phase 3 Trial of Plecanatide
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!