Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) Receives Written Full Clinical Hold from FDA on MDX Phase 3
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Alcobra Ltd. (Nasdaq: ADHD) announced that it has received the written full clinical hold notice from the Division of Psychiatry Products of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in follow up to their verbal communication on the matter. As stated in Alcobra’s public communications last week, the clinical hold affects Alcobra’s Phase III clinical study of Metadoxine Extended Release (MDX) in adult patients with ADHD, known as the “MEASURE” study.
The FDA indicated in the letter that the clinical hold was placed due to electrophysiological neurologic findings in previously submitted long-term animal studies with Metadoxine. The FDA letter did not reference any clinical safety data observed in the MEASURE study or in previous human studies with MDX. The Division recommended that Alcobra schedule a meeting to discuss a plan to collect additional human safety data in its development program. Alcobra will continue to work rapidly and diligently with the FDA to seek the removal of the clinical hold and will provide an update following its meeting with the Agency.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Announces Clinically Meaningful Interim Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 Data
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF) Board Approves Plan to Distribute Black Knight Financial (BKFS) Shares
- SunPower (SPWR) to Commence Restructuring; Sees Charges; Offers FY17 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!