Albemarle (ALB) to Acquire Certain Lithium Assets from Jiangli New Materials
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB) announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the lithium hydroxide and lithium carbonate conversion assets and supporting business functions currently operated by Jiangxi Jiangli New Materials Science and Technology Co. Ltd. ("Jiangli New Materials"). The transaction is expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2017, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
The transaction includes manufacturing assets located in both Jiangxi and Sichuan, China focused on the production of battery-grade lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide. Jiangli New Materials currently tolls lithium hydroxide and lithium carbonate for Albemarle utilizing spodumene from Albemarle's Talison joint venture in Australia. Collectively, the Jiangli New Material assets have a total lithium salts capacity of 15,000 MT/year, with the ability to expand as needed to support Albemarle's growth strategy.
"We believe this transaction will further solidify Albemarle's leading position in the lithium industry, and accelerate our ability to meet our strategic goal of capturing 50% of the growth in the lithium industry," said David Klanecky, vice president of Albemarle's Lithium Division. "This transaction will enable us to supply premium lithium salts to an expanded global customer base."
"Jiangli has built a solid reputation on consistently manufacturing high-quality lithium salts," said Mr. Deng Zhiling, Chairman of Jiangli New Materials. "This transaction is an opportunity for Jiangli to create additional value for the lithium industry in Asia Pacific and abroad."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Announces Completion of Raptor Pharma (RPTP) Acquisition
- Providence Service (PRSC) to Sell Majority Stake in Matrix Medical Network
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!