Albemarle (ALB) Enters Agreement with Bolland Minera for Exclusive Rights to Argentina Lithium Resources
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB) entered into an agreement with Bolland Minera S.A., for the exclusive exploration and acquisition rights to a lithium resource in Antofalla, within the Catamarca Province of Argentina. Albemarle believes that this lithium resource will be certified as the largest lithium resource in Argentina.
Albemarle is uniquely positioned to develop the Antofalla lithium resource given its technical capabilities, operational experience in South America, and proven track record of establishing public-private-partnerships and community relations in the region.
"For the past 80 years, we have developed proprietary lithium extraction know-how which will enable us to evaluate the lithium resource," said John Mitchell, president of Albemarle's Lithium and Advanced Materials global business unit.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carnegie Still Interested in magicJack VocalTec (CALL) Bid
- Naked Brand Group, Inc. (NAKD) and Bendon Enter LOI to Merge
- SBA Communications (SBAC) Shareholders Approve Merger, REIT Conversion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!