Albemarle (ALB) Announces Election of New Board Chairman
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The board of directors of Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB) announced its decision to elect president and chief executive officer, Luke Kissam, as chairman, effective November 7, 2016. He assumes this title in addition to his current responsibilities as president and chief executive officer. Kissam succeeds Jim Nokes, who will continue to serve on the board of directors and will act as lead independent director.
"It has been my distinct honor to serve as chairman of the board of directors, and I am confident in Luke's ability to lead this board. In his new role as chairman, he will help ensure leadership continuity as Albemarle grows. Luke and the management team under his leadership deserve the highest praise for their roles in transforming Albemarle through the acquisition, integration and growth of the lithium business acquired from Rockwood Holdings in early 2015," said Nokes.
Kissam began his role as chief executive officer of Albemarle in September 2011 and was elected to the board of directors in November 2011.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!