Akamai Technologies (AKAM) to Acquire Concord Systems
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM) acquired Concord Systems, Inc., a provider of technology for the high performance processing of data at scale, in an all cash transaction. The acquisition is expected to complement Akamai's existing platform data processing capabilities and augment the Company's product roadmap for supporting customers leveraging Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
Data collection and processing from many sources back to an origin requires scale and reliability across the Internet. Concord software provides a unique framework for data aggregation, filtering, and analysis of highly-distributed big data use cases.
"Concord brings a fresh, innovative and modern approach to some of the challenges and hard problems related to processing big data," said Ash Kulkarni, senior vice president of Akamai's Web Experience Division. "Their team has developed critical software that enables the dynamic deployment of customer logic at scale. Together, their expertise will be a strong complement to Akamai, and we believe their technology is applicable across a number of different use cases."
Concord Systems, headquartered in New York City and established in 2014, is a privately-funded company. The acquisition is not material to Akamai's financials.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!