Akamai Technologies (AKAM) Announces Election of New Board Member
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall St. trims gains as President Trump speaks
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM) announced the election of Daniel R. Hesse to the Akamai Board of Directors effective August 10, 2016.
"We are honored to welcome Dan to our Board of Directors and look forward to benefiting from his over three decades of telecom and carrier experience, including his focus on mobile and Internet technologies," said Dr. Tom Leighton, CEO of Akamai. "We believe Dan is a strong complement to our Board and will be an asset as we seek to further our relationships with major carriers and network partners, and build upon our innovative mobile performance offerings."
In addition to his almost seven years as President and CEO of Sprint Corporation, Mr. Hesse has also served as Chairman and CEO of Embarq Corporation, a $6 billion telecommunications services company. Previously, he was Chairman, President and CEO of Terabeam Corporation, a wireless telecommunications technology company. Hesse spent over two decades at AT&T, having led AT&T's Online Services Group and the launch of the company's first Internet service, WorldNet, and served as President and CEO of AT&T Wireless Services, the United States' largest wireless carrier at the time. He has been named "Person of the Year" by RCR magazine, "Executive of the Year" by Wireless Business and Technology magazine, ranked as the "Most Influential Person in Mobile Technology" by Laptop magazine, and recognized as one of America's top CEOs by Glassdoor.
Mr. Hesse commented, "Akamai is a trusted partner to many of the world's carriers and has become instrumental to how businesses leverage the Internet for growth and success. As the Internet becomes an increasingly important part of our daily lives, I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to a company which plays such a vital role in its performance and security."
Mr. Hesse serves on the National Board of Governors of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and on the boards of PNC and Adknowledge.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Straight Path Communications (STRP) Releases Statement in Response to Kerrisdale Capital's Report
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters Pact With Israeli Specialty Services Provider Best Med
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!