Air Products (APD) to Build New Large Air Separation Unit in South Korea
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) will build a new large air separation unit (LASU) in Ulsan, South Korea. The investment demonstrates the company's commitment to the southern region and across Korea to meet increasing demand driven by the refining, petrochemical, and non-ferrous metals industries, as well as the merchant gas market.
Scheduled to come onstream in 2018, the state-of-the-art, over 1,750-ton-per-day LASU will produce gaseous and liquefied oxygen, nitrogen and argon. The plant will meet the increasing demand of Air Products' existing and future pipeline customers in Ulsan, as well as the liquid gas market.
"We are pleased to invest in this strategic location to support the growth plans of the refining, petrochemical, non-ferrous metals, and many other industries," said Kyo-Yung Kim, president of Air Products Korea. "The new plant, built with our leading-edge technology, will enable us to better serve customers who depend on our safe, reliable and high-quality gases supply for their production."
Ulsan is an industrial powerhouse for the country and home to many sectors including oil refining, automobile production, and shipbuilding. Air Products has been supplying the region for nearly 30 years and has built a pipeline system and gas facilities in Onsan's large non-ferrous metals complex and Yongyeon's petrochemical complex. This latest investment will enable the company to produce extra oxygen and nitrogen to meet increasing needs. The additional high-purity liquid argon, which is used in the chip manufacturing process and to maintain an ultra-clean atmosphere to protect manufacturing tools, will position Air Products to better serve the demand driven by integrated circuit and display customers.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
- Engility Holdings (EGL) Awarded $16.8M VA Contract
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!