Agrium's (AGU) CPS Unit Makes Two Acquisitions for U.S. Retail Expansion
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Agrium Inc. (NYSE: AGU) announced that it has received regulatory approval for its Retail business, Crop Production Services ("CPS"), to acquire 16 locations in Western Canada from Andrukow Group Solutions Inc. The transaction is expected to be completed by mid-September. Additionally, CPS recently completed the acquisition of 18 locations from Cargill AgHorizons (U.S.) across the northern U.S. Corn-Belt region.
"These acquisitions demonstrate our continued focus on growing our Retail business in key strategic regions, and will allow us to better serve our customers and provide benefits to growers," commented Agrium's President and CEO, Chuck Magro. "The acquired locations will increase our Retail presence close to our manufacturing facilities in Western Canada, where we can optimize freight and handling, and in the U.S. Corn Belt, where we are under-represented in a key growing region. We remain committed to the strategy of growing our Retail business through multiple growth levers, including acquisitions, where we have a full pipeline of opportunities."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Intricon Corporation (IIN) Exercises Option to Acquire Remaining 80% Stake in Hearing Help Express
- PPG Industries (PPG) Acquires Assets of Futian; Terms Not Disclosed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!