Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS) Brings APIFINY Promotion to The Sunshine State
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (Nasdaq: AEZS) announced that it is expanding its promotion of APIFINY®, the only cancer-specific, non-PSA blood test available to assess the risk for the presence of prostate cancer, into the important Florida market pursuant to its exclusive promotional agreement with Armune BioScience, Inc. (“Armune”), the owner of the product. The expansion into Florida follows Armune’s receipt of a clinical laboratory license from the State of Florida.
“Our sales and marketing teams are well positioned to leverage the opportunity in the Florida market. We believe APIFINY® provides significant value in aiding clinicians to more accurately determine the optimal clinical pathway for men at risk of prostate cancer by means of its non-PSA based measurement of risk for the presence of prostate cancer. APIFINY® helps meet the needs of achieving value in today’s shifting healthcare environment that involves improving outcomes and patient experiences while lowering overall costs,” commented Jude Dinges, Chief Commercial Officer of the Company.
“We are excited to enter the Florida market with the recent approval of our laboratory license by the State of Florida,” said David Esposito, President and Chief Executive Officer of Armune. “With over 7,000 tests ordered since the launch of APIFINY®, we anticipate significant demand being generated from the Florida market. Given the current concerns of PSA testing throughout the world, APIFINY® is well positioned to offer clinicians additional information in the assessment of prostate cancer risk. In addition, we are confident that APIFINY® will help to address our healthcare system’s demand for improved outcomes at lower costs.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Approves Previously Announced Spin-Off
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!