Aehr Test Systems (AEHR) Enters $5.9M Common Stock Private Placement; Offerings Prelim. Q1 Results
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump nominates Ben Carson to head HUD
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aehr Test Systems (Nasdaq: AEHR) announced that it has entered into a definitive purchase agreement for the sale of approximately $5.9 million in shares of its common stock in a private placement transaction with certain institutional and accredited investors.
Pursuant to the terms of the purchase agreement, Aehr Test Systems has agreed to sell an aggregate of 2,721,540 shares of common stock at a price of $2.15 per share to outside institutional and accredited investors. Aehr Test Systems intends to use the net proceeds from the private placement for working capital and general corporate purposes. The private placement is anticipated to close on or about September 28, 2016, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Craig-Hallum Capital Group LLC is acting as the sole placement agent for the private placement.
Aehr Test Systems also announced preliminary financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2017, ended August 31, 2016:
- Revenue is expected to be approximately $5.3 million, compared to $1.6 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016.
- GAAP net loss is expected to be between $800,000 and $900,000, compared to a GAAP net loss of $3.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016.
- Backlog is expected to be over $10 million as of August 31, 2016, compared to a backlog of $5.3 million as of May 31, 2016.
- Bookings in the first quarter of fiscal 2017 are estimated to be over $10 million.
Aehr Test Systems has not finalized its financial statement review process for the first quarter of fiscal 2017. As a result, the information in this release is preliminary and based upon information available to Aehr Test Systems as of the date of this release. During the course of Aehr Test Systems’ review process, items may be identified that would require Aehr Test Systems to make adjustments, which could result in changes to our preliminary selected financial information above. As a result, the preliminary selected financial information above is forward-looking information and subject to risks and uncertainties, including possible adjustments to such information.
Aehr Test Systems will provide a full report of its first quarter fiscal 2017 results during its previously announced conference call scheduled for Thursday, September 29, 2016 following the close of market, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (2:00 p.m. PT).
The shares of common stock of Aehr Test Systems sold in the private placement have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and as such the shares may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration under such act and applicable state securities laws or an applicable exemption from those registration requirements. The securities were offered and sold only to a limited number of institutional and accredited investors.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!