Aehr Test Systems (AEHR), Semics Enter Manufacturing and Development Partnership
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Aehr Test Systems (NASDAQ: AEHR), a worldwide supplier of semiconductor test and burn-in equipment, and Semics Inc., a semiconductor test equipment provider that produces fully automatic wafer handling and probing systems, today announced a development and manufacturing partnership between the two companies, including an investment by Semics in 200,000 shares of Aehr Test Systems common stock.
Aehr Test and Semics have a strategic partnership in place that includes a multi-year supply agreement for the development and manufacture of Aligners for Aehr Test’s multi-wafer FOX test and burn-in systems. The initial products resulting from this partnership have been delivered to customers and have been successfully implemented and qualified in a production environment, and the two companies expect to collaborate on additional wafer automation projects in the future.
Gayn Erickson, President and CEO of Aehr Test Systems, commented, “We are very pleased to receive this investment in Aehr Test as part of our development and manufacturing partnership, which began several years ago when we first collaborated to develop the FOX WaferPak Aligner, a key component of our new FOX-XP Multi-Wafer Test and Burn-in Systems. We have had a very successful working relationship with Semics, and more recently worked together on the multi-stage prober for our initial FOX-1P next generation single wafer test system, which we shipped last month to our initial lead customer for this system.”
Shoun Yu, CEO of Semics, commented, “This is a beneficial collaboration for both companies and we have enjoyed a very good working relationship with Aehr Test. I have enjoyed a close working relationship with Gayn that dates back many years and contributed to the success of Semics from the very beginning. We are pleased to make this investment and look forward to collaborating on additional automation projects with Aehr Test in the future.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Memorial Production Partners (MEMP) Said to Weigh Options, Including Bankruptcy
- Intersections (INTX) Evaluating Proposal to Acquire Pet Health Monitoring Segment
- National Healthcare (NHC) Closes AVVC Acquisition; Enters New Credit Facility; Boosts FY16 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!