Aegon (AEG) Names New CFO
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aegon (NYSE: AEG) announces that its Supervisory Board intends to nominate Matthew J. Rider (1963, US citizen) for appointment as CFO and member of the Executive Board at its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on May 19, 2017. The appointment is subject to approval by the Dutch Central Bank.
Matthew Rider, who succeeds Darryl Button, will start on January 1, 2017. Matthew Rider joins Aegon after a sabbatical following over 25 years in various roles within the financial services industry. He was a member of ING's Management Board Insurance until 2013, having previously served as Chief Financial Officer for ING Insurance and as Head of Product Development for ING's US Retail Annuity Business. From 1994 until 2003 Matthew Rider held various positions in the Merrill Lynch Insurance Group, including Chief Actuary and Chief Investment Officer. Prior to joining Merrill Lynch he also worked for Transamerica and Banner Life Insurance Company.
Matthew Rider holds a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics from Brown University, Providence, RI. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
"Having already spent a memorable couple of years working for Transamerica at the start of my career, I'm particularly excited to be joining Aegon and seeing the remarkable transformation the company has been through, and supporting its onward journey", said Matthew Rider.
Rob Routs, Chairman of the Supervisory Board said: "We are very pleased that Matthew is joining Aegon. He brings a broad range of experience, including managing Finance and Risk functions and developing a
Solvency II framework. We look forward to benefiting from his extensive knowledge in banking and
insurance in Europe and the United States."
"We look forward to benefiting from Matthew's extensive knowledge in banking and insurance in Europe and the United States." -Rob Routs, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- ConAgra Brands (CAG) Declares $0.20 Quarterly Dividend; Adds New Board Member
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Offers Update on Phase 3 Trial Of DCVax-L for Newly Diagnosed GBM Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!