Aegon (AEG) Names New CFO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Aegon (NYSE: AEG) announces that its Supervisory Board intends to nominate Matthew J. Rider (1963, US citizen) for appointment as CFO and member of the Executive Board at its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on May 19, 2017. The appointment is subject to approval by the Dutch Central Bank.
Matthew Rider, who succeeds Darryl Button, will start on January 1, 2017. Matthew Rider joins Aegon after a sabbatical following over 25 years in various roles within the financial services industry. He was a member of ING's Management Board Insurance until 2013, having previously served as Chief Financial Officer for ING Insurance and as Head of Product Development for ING's US Retail Annuity Business. From 1994 until 2003 Matthew Rider held various positions in the Merrill Lynch Insurance Group, including Chief Actuary and Chief Investment Officer. Prior to joining Merrill Lynch he also worked for Transamerica and Banner Life Insurance Company.
Matthew Rider holds a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics from Brown University, Providence, RI. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
"Having already spent a memorable couple of years working for Transamerica at the start of my career, I'm particularly excited to be joining Aegon and seeing the remarkable transformation the company has been through, and supporting its onward journey", said Matthew Rider.
Rob Routs, Chairman of the Supervisory Board said: "We are very pleased that Matthew is joining Aegon. He brings a broad range of experience, including managing Finance and Risk functions and developing a
Solvency II framework. We look forward to benefiting from his extensive knowledge in banking and
insurance in Europe and the United States."
"We look forward to benefiting from Matthew's extensive knowledge in banking and insurance in Europe and the United States." -Rob Routs, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!