Aeglea BioTherapeutics (AGLE) Doses First Patient in Phase 1 Trial of AEB1102
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Aeglea BioTherapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: AGLE), a biotechnology company committed to developing enzyme-based therapeutics in the field of amino acid metabolism to treat rare diseases and cancer, today announced the dosing of the first patient in a Phase 1 trial of AEB1102, a recombinant human enzyme designed to degrade the amino acid arginine, for the treatment of the hematological malignancies acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS).
“Cancer cells such as those found in AML patients are believed to have a metabolic dependence on arginine for growth. Deprivation of arginine by AEB1102 has the potential to impact this challenging disease,” said David G. Lowe, Ph.D., co-founder, president and chief executive officer. “We are pleased to expand the AEB1102 oncology program to include hematological malignancies in addition to our ongoing Phase 1 trial in advanced solid tumors.”
“We are rapidly executing on our strategy for AEB1102 in oncology, having now dosed our first patient with AML/MDS refractory to hypomethylating agents,” said Sandra Rojas-Caro, M.D., chief medical officer. “Current treatment options for patients who have these forms of hematological malignancies are limited. AEB1102 may have the potential to offer a significant clinical benefit for these patients in need."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!