Aeglea BioTherapeutics (AGLE) Doses First Patient in Phase 1 Trial of AEB1102
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aeglea BioTherapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: AGLE), a biotechnology company committed to developing enzyme-based therapeutics in the field of amino acid metabolism to treat rare diseases and cancer, today announced the dosing of the first patient in a Phase 1 trial of AEB1102, a recombinant human enzyme designed to degrade the amino acid arginine, for the treatment of the hematological malignancies acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS).
“Cancer cells such as those found in AML patients are believed to have a metabolic dependence on arginine for growth. Deprivation of arginine by AEB1102 has the potential to impact this challenging disease,” said David G. Lowe, Ph.D., co-founder, president and chief executive officer. “We are pleased to expand the AEB1102 oncology program to include hematological malignancies in addition to our ongoing Phase 1 trial in advanced solid tumors.”
“We are rapidly executing on our strategy for AEB1102 in oncology, having now dosed our first patient with AML/MDS refractory to hypomethylating agents,” said Sandra Rojas-Caro, M.D., chief medical officer. “Current treatment options for patients who have these forms of hematological malignancies are limited. AEB1102 may have the potential to offer a significant clinical benefit for these patients in need."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
- Alimera Sciences (ALIM) Unit Amends Term Loan with Hercules Capital
- Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) Announces Exclusive Global Distribution Agreement with Nextremity Solutions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!