Advaxis (ADXS) Commences KEYNOTE-046 Phase B with Merck (MRK)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Advaxis, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADXS) announced the commencement of Part B of the KEYNOTE-046 clinical trial evaluating Advaxis’ Lm immunotherapy candidate, ADXS-PSA, in combination with KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) in patients with previously treated, metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). In Part A of the Phase 1/2 study, 14 patients were treated with ADXS-PSA monotherapy across three dose levels, with no dose limiting toxicities, paving the way for initiating Part B of the study.
KEYNOTE-046 is a multicenter, open-label, nonrandomized, dose determining, Phase 1/2 trial evaluating the safety of ADXS-PSA. Part B of the study is evaluating the tolerability of ADXS-PSA in combination with KEYTRUDA in 30 patients with mCRPC. Secondary objectives for this study are to evaluate antitumor activity and progression-free survival of ADXS-PSA. KEYNOTE-046 is the first-in-human study of Advaxis' Lm immunotherapy candidate for prostate cancer. It is the second study initiated to evaluate the use of KEYTRUDA in the treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
Advaxis also announced initiation of its Phase 3 AIM2CERV study, a multicenter, placebo-controlled, randomized study of axalimogene filolisbac, or AXAL, administered in the adjuvant setting following chemotherapy and radiation in women with high-risk, locally advanced cervical cancer (HRLACC). The primary objective of the trial is disease-free survival, with secondary objectives including examining overall survival and safety. In July 2016, Advaxis received a Special Protocol Assessment for the AIM2CERV trial, as well as Fast Track designation for AXAL as an adjuvant therapy for HRLACC patients.
Several trial sites have been opened for both studies and locations are currently screening patients for enrollment. For more information on Advaxis clinical trials, visit clinicaltrials.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Announces Notable DVM-250 Recorder, FleetVu Services Order
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, S3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!