Advaxis (ADXS) Commences KEYNOTE-046 Phase B with Merck (MRK)
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Advaxis, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADXS) announced the commencement of Part B of the KEYNOTE-046 clinical trial evaluating Advaxis’ Lm immunotherapy candidate, ADXS-PSA, in combination with KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) in patients with previously treated, metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). In Part A of the Phase 1/2 study, 14 patients were treated with ADXS-PSA monotherapy across three dose levels, with no dose limiting toxicities, paving the way for initiating Part B of the study.
KEYNOTE-046 is a multicenter, open-label, nonrandomized, dose determining, Phase 1/2 trial evaluating the safety of ADXS-PSA. Part B of the study is evaluating the tolerability of ADXS-PSA in combination with KEYTRUDA in 30 patients with mCRPC. Secondary objectives for this study are to evaluate antitumor activity and progression-free survival of ADXS-PSA. KEYNOTE-046 is the first-in-human study of Advaxis' Lm immunotherapy candidate for prostate cancer. It is the second study initiated to evaluate the use of KEYTRUDA in the treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
Advaxis also announced initiation of its Phase 3 AIM2CERV study, a multicenter, placebo-controlled, randomized study of axalimogene filolisbac, or AXAL, administered in the adjuvant setting following chemotherapy and radiation in women with high-risk, locally advanced cervical cancer (HRLACC). The primary objective of the trial is disease-free survival, with secondary objectives including examining overall survival and safety. In July 2016, Advaxis received a Special Protocol Assessment for the AIM2CERV trial, as well as Fast Track designation for AXAL as an adjuvant therapy for HRLACC patients.
Several trial sites have been opened for both studies and locations are currently screening patients for enrollment. For more information on Advaxis clinical trials, visit clinicaltrials.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NanoString (NSTG) Reports Presentation of Multiple Prosigna/PAM50 and Immuno-Oncology Studies at Breast Cancer Symposium
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN) Offers LT Follow-up Data on ADCETRIS in T-Cell Lymphomas; Median CR Duration Not Reached
- Acceleron (XLRN) and Celgene (CELG) Announce Updated Results from Phase 2 Studies of Luspatercept in Beta-Thalassemia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, S3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!