Advaxis (ADXS) Approved for $2.7M NJEDA NOL Program Tax Credit
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Advaxis, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADXS) has received preliminary approval for a $2.7 million tax credit from the New Jersey Economic Development Authority’s (NJEDA) New Jersey Technology Business Tax Certificate Transfer (NOL) program. The company anticipates it will be able to transfer this credit and receive more than $2.5 million in cash by the end of 2016.
This competitive program – administered by the NJEDA – enables companies to sell New Jersey net operating losses and R&D tax credits for at least 80 percent of the value of the tax benefits, up to a maximum lifetime benefit of $15 million per business. This allows technology and biotechnology companies with NOLs to turn their tax losses and credits into cash proceeds to fund more R&D, buy equipment and/or facilities, or cover other allowable expenditures. Advaxis is one of 40 emerging companies to share in more than $35 million in funding this year.
“The EDA’s NOL program is an innovative funding mechanism that enables companies like Advaxis to grow and succeed here in New Jersey,” said Daniel J. O'Connor, CEO of Advaxis. “This funding helps us add jobs, laboratory and manufacturing facilities to support our clinical development programs and develop much-needed immuno-oncology therapeutics for patients with cancer.”
For more details on this funding for this year’s NOL program, please visit www.njeda.com/Press-Room/News-Articles/Press-Releases/40-Emerging-Companies-Share-More-Than-$35-Million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Airlines (UAL) Load Factor Rose 0.1 Point in Nov. 2016; Updates Q4 Passenger Revenue Outlook
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Signs $911M CDC Follow-On Contract for Anthrax Vaccine
- Humana (HUM) Writes Corridor Receivables Off; Cites Affordable Care Act
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!