Adeona (AEN) Reports Encouraging Data from Zinc Therapy Phase I/II in ALS
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
Adeona Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMEX: AEN), announced today that the Company's clinical collaborator for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), PNA Center for Neurological Research (PNA), reported top-line results from its pilot Phase I/II open label, three month safety study of oral high dose zinc therapy in ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. The clinical study met its primary outcome as no safety issues related to zinc therapy were observed. In addition, an average decrease in the monthly rate of disease progression was observed in the ALS patients on zinc therapy, compared to published historical controls, as well as compared to the average monthly rate of disease progression of the subjects prior to enrollment in the study.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Progenics Pharma (PGNX) Completes Enrollment in SMA ADC Phase II
- Sangamo Bio (SGMO) Updates on Ongoing SB-728-T Trails
- Shire (SHPG) Lifitegrast Doesn't Meet Co-Primary Endpoint of Inferior Corneal Staining
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!