Achillion Pharma (ACHN) Announces Two Side Effects Observed in MAD Study
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Phase I Clinical Program
In June 2016, Achillion initiated enrollment and dosing in an ongoing phase I multiple ascending dose (MAD) study of ACH-4471 in healthy volunteers. The goal of the MAD study is to evaluate safety and tolerability as well as to optimize the PK/PD profile and dosing regimens for further development in patients.
In the three dose cohorts completed to date, strong complement inhibition using multiple in vivo as well as ex vivo assays was observed. The plasma trough concentrations of ACH-4471 exceeded the range the Company anticipates for potential treatment of patients. These current projections are based on emerging data including the benchmarking of ACH-4471 with eculizumab for inhibition of lysis of PNH red blood cells and the PK/PD profile of ACH-4471 from the phase I program. In the ongoing MAD study, Achillion is planning to assess additional dosing regimens to maintain the projected effective trough concentrations and safety of ACH-4471.
To date in the MAD study, ACH-4471 has been generally well tolerated across three dose cohorts (200 mg, 500 mg or 800 mg given every 12 hours) with no treatment-related SAEs reported. Two cases of self-limited, ALT elevations (Grade 3 and 4) were observed post-treatment in the mid- and high dose groups, respectively, with neither subject exhibiting signs or symptoms of hepatic decompensation. Both subjects’ ALT levels normalized without intervention during follow up. Further, no treatment-associated fever or infections were observed.Achillion anticipates announcing interim results from this phase I study in the first half of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Achillion Pharma (ACHN) Announces Commencement of Dosing in OMEGA-1 Study Phase 2b
- Achillion Announces Initiation of Patient Dosing by Janssen in a Global, Short Treatment-Duration Phase 2b Study of JNJ-4178 in Chronic HCV
- Ignyta (RXDX) to Offer Entrectinib Combo Update in TRK Inhibition in Late-Breaking Presentation at 2016 EORTC-NCI-AACR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!