Achillion Pharma (ACHN) Announces Commencement of Dosing in OMEGA-1 Study Phase 2b
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACHN) announced the start of patient dosing in a global Phase 2b open-label OMEGA-1 study of JNJ-4178, a 3DAA combination of odalasvir, simeprevir, and AL-335, has been initiated by Janssen Research & Development, LLC., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen), in treatment-naive and treatment-experienced patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection (HCV) without cirrhosis.
This large, international, multi-center study is expected to enroll approximately 300 HCV patients, and is part of Janssen’s global development program for JNJ-4178. Clinical trial sites are located in Europe, North America, and Asia.
The objectives of OMEGA-1 are to investigate the efficacy, safety and pharmacokinetics of JNJ-4178 (odalasvir (25mg QD), simeprevir (75mg QD), and AL-335 (800mg QD)) in treatment-naive and treatment-experienced non-cirrhotic patients with chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 infection. Patients in the study will receive the triple combination once daily for either 6 or 8 weeks. The primary efficacy endpoint will be the percentage of patients with a sustained virological response 12 weeks after the end of treatment (SVR12).
An ongoing Phase 2a study (‘604’ study) is assessing JNJ-4178 in patients with or without compensated cirrhosis.
Further information on these trials can be found on www.clinicaltrials.gov. Study identifiers NCT02765490 and NCT02569710.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Announces Clinically Meaningful Interim Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 Data
- AT&T touts Time Warner merger at U.S. Senate hearing
- Exclusive: U.S. regulator set to fail Wells Fargo on community lending test - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!